Skip to main content

Welcome! (And a checklist for what to consider with your aging parent conversations)

My name is Beka, and I work in real estate.  Specifically, I buy houses that need love and do my best to restore them to their glory.  The thing about this is that I end up meeting many people who are deeply embroiled in the Aging Parent arena and looking for help.  We do our best to help navigate the waters, but I want to get better at it. Add to it the fact that I also am going through this right now, and (if we are lucky), most of us will have to face it at some point...  it just makes sense for me to get as knowledgable as possible on it.  So that's what this blog intends to do.  I want to provide a concise, comprehensive resource for people to come to and find answers for whatever specific question they have.  Or maybe just moral support that they're not alone.  First, though, I have to do research.  So let's begin...

I love checklists, and this article does a good job of helping build the framework of what we need to know.  Check out this great article:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-simple-but-thorough-checklist-to-help-aging-parents-2014-10-30

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Larry Miller Jr. - 17 Years' Experience in Estate Planning & Wills

Get to Know Larry Miller, Jr. Beka Shea sits down with Larry Miller Jr., Owner & Managing Partner of the Miller Law Group, PLLC in Reading, Pennsylvania. Miller Law Group has 40 years’ experience serving clients in Berks County so it's no surprise that we contacted them to gain some insights about the ins and outs of estate planning. Check out the intro video below! To learn more, or contact Larry Miller Jr., visit https://millerlawgroup.net/

The Basics of Trusts in Estate Planning

The Basics of Trusts in Estate Planning Larry Miller Jr. , and Beka Shea talk about trusts, which are commonly used in estate planning. Trusts provide a great amount of flexibility and are extremely useful in planning to provide for loved ones.

Paying for Long Term Care Using Your Home Equity

Today, many elderly Americans who cannot afford the ongoing cost of home care, assisted living or nursing home care are faced with the decision of whether or not to use their homes as a source of funding to pay for care. As many seniors have significant equity in their homes and since Medicare does not pay for assisted living or personal care at home, using one's home to finance long-term care can be a good option and sometimes it is the only option. Authors of a new study say that as the wave of aging baby boomers advances, the middle-income elderly population could find itself in a particularly problematic situation—at least when it comes to finding housing that can accommodate declining mobility and increased care needs. By researchers' estimates, in as few as 10 years, over half of middle-income adults 75 and older, won't be able to afford many of the private seniors' housing options available today. Among the study’s findings: 1 in 5 middle-income seniors wi...